Sunday, September 27th open thread: ‘Imagine’

September 27, 2015

open-threadHere is the open thread for Sunday, September 27th. Please feel free to post links to interesting articles and to discuss whatever issues arise during the course of the day. Nothing is off-topic here.

Last week we covered 11 stories, did you miss any of them? If so there is an easy way to make sure it does not happen again. I understand that all of you are busy and cannot always find the time to check the blog for updates so why not subscribe to America’s Watchtower and receive email updates whenever I write a new post? That is the easiest way to follow the blog to ensure you never miss another post.

In addition to subscribing you can also follow America’s Watchtower on Facebook and Twitter by clicking the links on the right. But you will get more than that for I often post links to articles I probably will not be writing about so it is a great way to keep up with what is happening.

The Twitter widget in the sidebar is fully interactive. This widget updates my tweets in real time and allows you to respond to or retweet my tweets right from the blog. It also allows you to tweet me right from America’s Watchtower. How cool is that! If you do not have a Twitter account what better reason do you need to sign up for one!

During an open thread a few weeks ago I posted a song by Muse and it led to an interesting discussion about the Hegelian Dialectic and the possibility that Muse was actually part of the controlled opposition by using music to indoctrinate the young people through subliminal messaging.

I thought I would use the open thread this week to build upon that conversation by using a song that everybody knows. I think we actually touched on this song during that discussion: the song “Imagine” by John Lennon is one of the most iconic songs of all time and while it holds a beautiful meaning of peace to so many people that is not what this song is about at all and I will explain it after you listen to it.

I admit the song is beautiful but it hides an ugly message. Some of you probably know what the true meaning of this song is so bear with me if you do know.

Here is the song as performed live in 1972, listen carefully to the words:

Now let us examine the words:

Imagine there’s no heaven
It’s easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today…

Imagine no heaven and no hell, this is a topic he comes back to in the next verse, which also sheds some light on the true meaning of the song.

Let us continue:

Imagine there’s no countries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace…

Here again John Lennon speaks of abolishing religion and we all know that in a communist state the people are not allowed to have religion because they must believe the state is the highest power, if they believe in a higher power the power of the state is muted.

He also speaks of “no countries” and that is something Karl Marx spoke of in the “Communist Manifesto” because he believed oppressed people know no borders because it is a worldwide affliction. It is this worldwide  oppression which can be used to spread communism across the globe.

You may say I’m a dreamer
But I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world…
   “The world will be as one” and “a brotherhood of man” are code phrases of the New World Order or if you prefer, as seen on the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States, novus ordo seclorum. The New World Order is a communist movement being conducted behind the veil by the “shadow people” who are secretly pushing the agenda forward. But that is slightly off-topic, slightly…
  But then comes the kicker–no possessions. In a communist nation the people have no possessions, every thing is there for the common good while personal possessions breed jealousy and contempt. Personal property and possessions must be abolished in a communist state.
  This song is not about peace at all and it never has been, it is a song which subliminally extols the virtues of communism, pure and simple, and yet most people do not even understand what the message is they are listening to. But they are being indoctrinated for as Bette Midler once sang, “beneath the winter snow lies the seed that with the sun’s love, in the spring becomes the rose.”
  The seed is being planted in the hope that it will one day bloom and it is interesting to note that in addition to love the rose is also a symbol of socialism. I wonder which one she was singing about…
 Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
  1. September 27, 2015 8:46 am

Everyone would be thrown back into the stoneage in no time flat. “Imagine”, that.

• September 27, 2015 6:34 pm

I don’t want to…but you are right!

September 27, 2015 9:12 am

When we were listening to it way back then, it was such a great song, that is before we grew up….then we found out how crappy the world can be, not all butterflies and unicorns. Of course now we are seeing what the POPE is doing and the UN and of course our Dear Leader! We are slowly being taken down a path I am not going on and will fight doing it. We have kids and grandkids to think about….I hear alot of the really old people saying they will not have to put up with what has been put on us much longer, but I always have to answer them back “what about their kids and grandkids”? They seem to get a puzzled look on their faces, guess they think when their time is over everything will be ok. Well, I am here to tell you I do NOT want my future generations having to put up with this crap. Clinton or Sanders is the wrong path for Americans, but we are being told that is what we need. I kind of like the feeling of having freedoms, I know they are getting less and less, but at least we still have some. If I wanted total control, wouldn’t I move to China or N. Korea? There are any number of good places that will take care of you, but what exactly will that mean? You know once they get that control, it is hard to reverse it….as they say, “be careful what you wish for”!
    On a good note: It is finally FALL, I have so looked forward to the cool nights and crisp morning for a long time, never think it will get here, but here it is! The garden is ready to tear out and the flower beds are dying down, so now we are getting ready to do our WINTER prep! We are getting the telescope out tonight to watch the Blood Moon, hope we get a good view…at least we will not have the pesky bugs out if it is cool. Will be putting the Miata away for the WINTER, I think this year…there are some years I do not have to, but she sits so low to the ground (about 4 inches) that it doesn’t take much snow to make her bottom out. If anyone pays attention to the Farmers Almanac, we are in for alot of snow this WINTER, that is ok, I love the snow…but NOT as much as you got last WINTER, Steve…that was overkill, not sure what brought that on.
    Everyone have a great Sunday, we are getting ready for a “road trip” with 2 of the elderly couples in our neighborhood in a couple weeks…they do not get out much and if they have someone else driving, they are in agreement to go somewhere for the day….this destination will be The Covered Bridge Festival in Indiana starting on Oct. 9th I think, so we will find a good day while it is going on….we went last week down to Alton, Il, and up the River Road to Grafton, Il. and take the Brussels Ferry over to Brussels and had lunch at The Wittmond Inn in Brussels, it is an OLD hotel that has a great spread for lunch, then we went up Route 66 for awhile and landed in Hannibal, Mo…(Huck Finn territory), where one of the ladies grew up….she said things had changed, but then again she is 85, so imagine so. The River Road has the cliffs and the eagles nest up in the cliffs, it also has The Piasa Bird painted on the cliffs from long ago….it is also where the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers join and there are wineries and other establishments right on the River you can sit and watch the water (The Loading Dock is my favorite)…the Mississippi is very fast and has alot of under currents, so you do not see alot of small boats on it. Now is about the time they are starting to get the Hot Spiced Rum or Cider going, so it makes for a nice day….alot of bikers love that scenic route as well. Well enough about my neck of the woods…whatever you all do today, stay safe!

• September 27, 2015 6:38 pm

And now the globalists have one of their own in the Vatican and that has been one of their goals for a long time, it makes you wonder if the last Pope was “persuaded” to step down by the people behind the veil.
      My small garden is all but over, I am still hopeful about getting a few more peppers. I might pick the green tomatoes and do something with them. The garden did okay for our first real try and next year I think I am going to build two more raised beds.

• September 27, 2015 7:23 pm

I saw a statement regarding the Poopie Pope saying America should take in the refugees, and that the Vatican is opening it’s doors – but in the fine print “The parishes of St Peter and St Anne in the Vatican will soon find a home for least two families of refugees…. called on “every” parish, religious community, monastery, and sanctuary to take in one refugee family – an appeal that, if honored, would offer shelter to tens of thousands.” I bet that’s not “IN” the Vatican, rather putting the burden on the people’s community churches.
        “Each year we raise the bulk of our annual operating expenses in the Fall. On September 1st, we set our Fall Campaign goal at $200,000. That’s what CatholicCulture.org must raise to break even for a year of working tirelessly to build a stronger Church.” $$$.

September 27, 2015 7:37 pm

Once again reminds me of DOCTOR ZHIVAGO, where that beautiful home they had was turned into a tenement for many families….I am waiting for them to tell all of us that our homes are too large for the amount of people living in them and want us to take in some of the ILLEGALS….you know that might not be far in the future.

• September 27, 2015 7:56 pm

Yeah Zip, it sounds like the Vatican isn’t really going to take these people in but rather will help to relocate them with others. If he is going to tell us what we should do he should be willing to do the same.
        Lou, I still have not seen that movie. Shame on me!

• September 28, 2015 6:00 pm

As long as the ‘special’ get their’s Steve – as usual using the poor to keep them in their high class life styles!
        I think you’d like the movie Steve – good one to watch with the family.
        The house that’s iced, w/ the theme music is something.

• September 28, 2015 8:02 pm

I keep telling Lou that I will watch it but I still have not. It sounds interesting and I definitely want to see it!

October 2, 2015 8:38 pm

STEVE, here is a condensed version of the PLOT for Dr. Zhivago:

It will in no way let you off the HOOK to watch it, maybe over the Winter???

ZIP, I remember well that part in the movie, Yuri is at the desk at Varykino, Lara is sleeping and he is in front of a window that is full of ice…from the outside you see the single flame flickering and then you hear the wolves in the distance….the music was beautiful, wasn’t it? I might just have to pull it out and watch it again…the soundtrack is wonderful and the cast is an all star cast….;)

September 27, 2015 7:20 pm

The hubby puts alot of compost he mixes in and then he lays newspaper (black and white print only) down and puts more dirt on top…helps keep in the water and then turns into compost. He put in a trickle watering system in under the newspaper for the whole garden and we do nothing but turn the faucet on for an hour or two…beats having to water all the time.

• September 27, 2015 7:25 pm

See, you people know how to do it right! Lou did you hubby make it back from his trip? How was it?

September 27, 2015 7:31 pm

He wants to go back, Zip! I told him after he takes care of some business around here and IF he has the money…..GO! That money part is the questionable part….after over 2 months on the road, we need to build that monetary fund back up, haha! He loved it up there, people were great and trusting, unlike in the lower 48 it seems….they have to rely on each other more in Alaska he said.

• September 27, 2015 7:58 pm

My father also has a hose under the garden which he turns on for watering. He uses this to water from underneath and then still waters the plants from above, thanks for the info.

• September 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Glad to hear Lou! I know there are some beautiful places to see and alot of outdoor sports (salmon fishing for one!). And the ‘trusting’ part, reminds me more or the good old days! Today if you’re trusting, you’re considered a ‘fool’ and setting yourself up fro a fall. That use to be common, now it must be proven and earned.
        Did you hubby bring back some pics and film? That’s alway fun to see to ‘share’ in the times of one’s trip and adventure!

• September 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Thanks for the Fall Sunday trip Lou – envisioning it by your words! A LOT of beautiful place and neat things to see and experience!

September 27, 2015 7:33 pm

I love the river, Zip! Always have, it is alive, if you can picture it! The cliffs are beautiful and the eagles are wonderful to watch…come FALL, there will be colors that will take your breath away, all thanks to Mother Nature! 😉 I guess once a River Rat, always a River Rat, huh? You are welcome.

3. September 27, 2015 11:55 am

Interesting Steve, good job. I still like the ‘music’ of that song — but the words and the meaning pervert it. By the time the song came out John had been more fully ‘conditioned’ by the ‘shadow source’. If we knew the real truth behind the Beatles and the individuals members, how they were used and manipulated by the Rockefellers, SIS (M16)/CIA etc, these lyrics make more sense. (“Soon after meeting Lennon, Yoko Ono, the offspring of one of Japan’s ruling families, was summarily ordered back to Japan by her parents and institutionalized for a short while, prior to returning to New York. Was she subjected to mind-control to order to function as Lennon’s controller? Before his untimely death, he was clearly his own person and therefore considered a political loose cannon by the Iluminatti.”) http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_mindcon13.htm
    ‘INTRODUCTION TO THE SOCIOLOGY OF MUSIC, Adorno, Theo. Adorno was kicked out of Germany by Hitler because of his Cult of Dionysus music experiments. He was moved to England by the Oppenheimers where the British royal family gave him facilities at Gordonstoun School and their support. It was here that Adorno perfected “Beatlemusic Rock,” “Punk Rock” “Heavy Metal Rock” and all of the decadent clamor that passes for music today. It is worthy of note that the name “The Beatles” was chosen to show a connection between modern rock, the Isis cult and the Scarab Beatle, a religious symbol of ancient Egypt.”
    “The controlling stockholders of the world’s second largest multi-media corporation (Hachette Industries, Paris) are family members of Sadham Hussein. John Lennon publicly claimed that the Beatles single-handedly introduced narcotics to the world’s teen population. This suggests that the Beatles unwittingly may have been under covert Tavistock control, the lyrics of Lennon’s “Imagine” are typical New World Order propaganda.” Some think that’s why Paul was murdered – not wanting to be a part of that – who knows for sure?
    I’m sure Muse have some songs about the fallen spirits that influence the thinking mankind & esp. those under the influence of LSD/drugs and in a state of ‘meditation’. Also to note that it’s Faul (the dead Paul’s replacement) who wrote the song “Back In the USSR”, “{F}Paul McCartney wrote the song while the Beatles were in Rishikesh, India, studying Transcendental Meditation.” What ‘powers that be’ influences this writing while he was ‘zoning’?

• September 27, 2015 6:42 pm

Quite a bit of info there, thanks! I didn’t know any of that about Yoko Ono but I did hear the rumors that the real Paul is dead. Also interesting information about Adorno, I didn’t know that either!

4. petermc3 permalink
    September 27, 2015 12:56 pm

Poor innocent motherless John Lennon did his best to send the subliminal socialist message to the kiddies before going on his drunken, drugging binge with Harry Neilson for half a decade. I do so like the melody… I still have the opened cellophane wrapper on the album.

• September 27, 2015 6:43 pm

It is a good song, I have to admit that, but it carries a message that is not what it seems.

September 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Makes you wonder how some of us turned out to be “normal” and others……well! Peter, you bring up Harry Neilson, he had some of the greatest tunes, but he sure was a troubled soul. I did not know that John and Harry were connected. Zip, was it you that posted the article about there being a replacement Paul? It might have been Bunker, you know I have slept since then, but I remember SOMEBODY posting it….Peter? Oh well, at any rate, how many other things have we been duped about over the years that we were not paying attention to?

• petermc3 permalink
      September 27, 2015 2:59 pm

I never believed the dead Paul nonsense. I have always believed that Yoko died and was replaced by the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland.

• September 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Yes Lou, I posted a vid some time ago about it. There’s much proof of the fact that Paul was replaced. It is disconcerting learning that much of what we’ve been taught is illusion. But the good news is if that’s what they’re teaching as true it speaks to what they teach isn’t true is what IS. They won’t point to the truth, or if they do they make it unappealing and belittling. When they do that, you know it’s the TRUTH!

September 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Well, there have always been “look alike” bands of the top groups, but this Yoko thing, Peter…hmmmm! She is an ODD little thing, isn’t she? I must watch Alice in Wonderland again,,,but which should I watch, the original or the Johnny Depp version or one of the countless remakes? Choices, choices!

• petermc3 permalink
      September 27, 2015 3:14 pm

I actually shared an elevator with her in the NBC building in Rockefeller Center in 1974. I then ended up in the same office with her. One look at this four foot she-troll confirmed for me that John was one sick puppy.

September 27, 2015 4:11 pm

You never know, she may have been very qualified in certain areas of expertise …… I am ashamed of myself having said that!

• petermc3 permalink
        September 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Lou,
        We cannot excuse you now go sit in the corner.😆
        Trust me…ain’t no area, ain’t no expertise.

• September 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Love is blind Peter! 🙂

• petermc3 permalink
        September 27, 2015 6:48 pm

…and Beauty was a horse Steve 😀

• October 2, 2015 3:53 am

• October 2, 2015 5:32 am

Thanks SDL! 🙂

7. September 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Also, an example of how cartoons can be used for indoctrination: I never realized the Smurfs were actually communists until several years ago. My son came home from school and explained to me how in class they were taught about the Smurfs being communists and when he explained it to me I was shocked that I had not realized it before.

• petermc3 permalink
      September 27, 2015 6:53 pm

And the Blue Meanies were the precursors to what the left have made out today’s police officers to be. Incrementalism at its finest.

September 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Well then, what were the marching hot dogs on the screen at the drive in supposed to be? Remember them? Maybe they had another meaning other than we WANTED one after seeing them.

• petermc3 permalink
        September 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Nothing new under the sun. Subliminal messaging always was and always will be with us.

8. September 27, 2015 11:28 pm

“The fact that our president is in charge of absolutely nothing and that his duties have long been shifted to an unelected corporate-financier oligarchy is the issue, not his dubious qualifications.”
    From: “Obama’s Birth Certificate Is Not the Issue”
    “Realistically, they are a red herring, as is his entire presidency. He is in charge of exactly nothing, most likely not even the tie he puts on in the morning and surely not the words that come out of his mouth. His entire function is to perpetuate the facade that America is still run by an elected government and not an illegitimate oligarchy of corporations and financial institutions.”
    “Had John McCain won the elections in 2008, you could rest assured he would have taken US policy in the exact same direction Obama is going today. In fact, McCain is one of the key players who has helped fund and organize the current unrest sweeping the Middle East, along with a myriad of other “Republicans” and “Neo-Conservatives.” The “Arab Spring” itself was planned and being staged before Obama even took office.”
    It’s not happy read, but some of the statements probably ring true. Just like the song, we like the feel of the music but the truth of the words are the opposite of the ‘feeling and floating on the cloud thoughts’.

• September 28, 2015 5:48 am

I think this is right on the mark! There is a reason why no matter which party is in the White House nothing changes and that is because they are not the ones in charge. They are just a puppet dancing as the strings are pulled by those with the power and the money.
      Sure they may appear to differ on smaller issues but in the end on every issue that really matters they are the same.

September 28, 2015 9:55 am

Of course Obama is a front, we kind of figured that one out, right? The color of his tie IS a big issue, believe it or not. Sounds silly, but that is something that has to be put into play with asking others what is the proper color and print for any given event. I am of the opinion that it really doesn’t matter any more who we vote for, the one “they” want in power (or the appearance of power) will be of “their” choosing. I will read the article a bit later, Zip, have issues to take care of this morning with one of the rentals….guess it doesn’t sound like something I WANT to read, but will force myself! 😉

• September 28, 2015 10:30 am

Yep Lou, holding up the illusions and ‘Imagine Nation’ (high imaginations) is part of the indoctrination and shadow devices to bewilder the populous. Casting down the idols and images is one way to take back what’s been stolen and usurped.
        The read isn’t very long – fortunately – and will most like cement more of what you already know.

9. petermc3 permalink
    September 28, 2015 10:07 am

Good find Zip. One thing I had scratched my head about was how is it Bush Sr knew enough not to behead Sadam and create a middle east power vacuum but not advise Jr to not do so either. Just what did the seven sisters gain from Jr’s actions? “What a web we weave when we set about to deceive.” And it should have been obvious to all had we paid attention that Bush Sr purposely took a dive in 1992 for his soon to be best friend Bubba. A cabal is still a cabal by any other name.The litany of sins goes on and on and on…

10. September 28, 2015 12:54 pm

This was a real setback with the Pope’s visit. Three days of his exaltations have brought a number of folks I know back round.

11. September 29, 2015 1:04 pm

I don’t know how many will see this Steve – since this post is past it’s prime! – but I just saw this and it reminded me of Laura bringing up The People. This subject is something you might like to look into, since it’s increasing the shill/troll agenda.

• September 29, 2015 7:42 pm

The post is not past its prime, it is just mature! 🙂 Very interesting video, thanks for sharing it, this is phyco-politics at its finest! Truth bomb away!

• September 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Mature is better … kind-of like us … well seasoned!

• September 29, 2015 8:45 pm

With age comes wisdom, right?

12. October 2, 2015 4:02 am

Politics What A Monkey Business :

• October 2, 2015 5:33 am

I was wondering where you were SDL, thanks for sharing. It is funny but I think the Monkeys might be taken more serious today than they were when they were around.

• October 2, 2015 7:58 am

I was again in Hospital..Just a Week. A week too much if you ask me. But I had great time with the others at Pneumology..passing the window to get to a spot where we could all smoke was great…Watch out Pneumology here come “The Smokers” … …One Way or The Other

I discover The Monkees in the early 90’s it was a show, like Friends. and played a song of theirs, Inside the story. I can’t say I like. This a bit like “American Beatles” But that make what it is, and they are great at it.

Thanks Steve

• October 2, 2015 7:55 pm

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital and doing better. I don’t know if it is this way throughout the whole US but here in the northeast you cannot smoke anywhere on hospital property.

October 2, 2015 8:24 pm

SDL, sorry to hear you have been under the weather and in the hospital, that is never fun. Hope you are doing better and glad you are back. I have not been on here as much the past week, I guess, have been pre-occupied with other stuff.
        The Monkees were from my teen years and while I was not nuts about them, they still had a couple good songs!

• October 3, 2015 9:45 am

About Hospital, Here Also You Can’t Smoke..But Then..The Staff Smoke … Found The Hidden Way and Revealed The Ashtray So Now All Can Be Joined In The Forbidden Mist … 🙂

• October 3, 2015 3:13 pm

You sneaky devil, enjoy the mist. 🙂

October 2, 2015 8:28 pm

This was probably my favorite song by The Monkees:

• October 3, 2015 9:38 am

I have to admit I don’t remember that one. I used to watch the Monkeys on TV once in a while when I was young but I really don’t remember it too much.

• October 3, 2015 9:47 am