Jim Webb claims the CNN debate was ‘rigged’ to favor Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders

October 15, 2015

Jim Webb talked to the Council on Foreign Relations and he claimed the CNN debate was “rigged” to favor Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, here is what he had to say:

“That debate was, I’m going to be very frank, rigged in terms of who was going to get the time on the floor by the way that Anderson Cooper was selecting people to supposedly respond to something someone else said,” Webb explained. “I even turned around to Bernie Sanders at one point and said, ‘Bernie! Say my name, will you? Just say my name!’”

Jim Webb is not, to say the least, the ideal candidate for the Democratic nomination having once been a Republican. Although he holds some liberal positions he also holds some campaign positions on issues such as the budget, the EPA, Obamacare, (even though he voted for it) and the second amendment which is not in line with the party so he is not polling well at all.

jim-webb-pointing-1  Much like Fox News exposed its agenda of trying to push the establishment candidate, Jeb Bush, over the non-establishment candidates CNN also exposed its agenda of promoting the most liberal candidates on the stage. This, of course, does not surprise any of us who have been complaining about media bias for years but it seems as though Jim Webb received a crash-course in media bias during the debate.

I have said it over and over again: the mainstream media is not in the business of reporting the news but rather is in the business of shaping the news. The mainstream media is selling a product to its target audience and it appears as if Jim Webb had to learn this the hard way.

Maybe if he was polling better he would have received the attention he feels he deserves but by switching parties for political gain his credibility and his trustworthiness is called into question and I do not see how he can ever gain any traction in the Democratic race no matter how much face-time he gets on television. It is true that he was able to defeat Republican Senator George Allen in 2006 after switching parties, but that was not an intraparty vote, I do not see any scenario in which he can defeat either of the two front-runners with liberal credentials behind them.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. October 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Reblogged this on Brittius.

• October 16, 2015 5:54 am

Thank you again!

• October 16, 2015 6:37 am

You’re welcome.

2. October 15, 2015 10:25 pm

“… shaping the news” – realistic and sobering way of stating it Steve. It’s true. Anymore it’s all psycho-manipulation and has nothing to do w/ reporting news to people – mouth pieces for the Agenda’s propaganda. Reminds me of a movie I saw way back when (can’t remember the name of it), but even then they were using holograms. The leader had been killed (or something happened to him) and they used a hologram to tell the populous what they wanted them to know (think). [Wizard of OZ kind of thing.] It was creepy. And that’s where this seems to be going today – setting the stage for this type of over-ruling.
    I’m glad Webb stated what he did, but WHY the CFR about CNN! He must believe their on the Up & UP. Silly. The CFR probably set it up to begin w/ with! Crazy man, crazy!

• October 16, 2015 5:56 am

If you think of the name of that movie let us know, I would like to check it out. There is no doubt the media is pushing a product and perhaps Webb understands this now. You think he would have learned when he was a Republican but the bias goes even deeper than that because they also want to protect the establishment.

3. October 16, 2015 7:58 am

This isn’t very nice, but all I can think to say is ‘well, DUH!’

Poor guy if he thought he would get a fair shake from a political party and the media.

• October 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Duh fits just perfectly!

4. petermc3 permalink
    October 16, 2015 8:13 am

One need only watch five minutes of CNN any time of day to see that their bias is only superceded by their amateurish production values and newsreaders. Their programming attracts as few viewers as doe this “debate.” Some debate. Bernie “red herring” Sanders, O’Malley, “living dead Chaffee debated nothing. Webb was marginalized as to be sure he couldn’t debate. This was the Ponderosa Ass show which provided a venue to obsolve her of her many sins and allow her sycophants to get another tingle down their legs as she lied about her life long ambition to help the country’s least fortunate. Mission accomplished!

• October 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Exactly Peter! This was her coming out party I suppose.

5. petermc3 permalink
    October 16, 2015 8:18 am

Off topic: Bunker if you’re reading this wanted to let you know that I can’t leave comments on your site. Word Press will not allow me no matter how many times I change my password and jump through all of their hoops. This started about 10 days ago. After trying everything to satisfy whatever they request and getting nowhere I give up. I do however continue to visit your site daily.
    Petermc3

• October 16, 2015 8:21 am

I hope Bunker is able to get it fixed, Peter. I enjoy reading your comments. 🙂

• petermc3 permalink
        October 16, 2015 8:31 am

Thx Laura

• October 16, 2015 8:46 am

You are most welcome, sir.

• October 16, 2015 6:50 pm

I will leave a comment about this when I head over there tonight to let him know.

• petermc3 permalink
        October 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Thx

6. October 16, 2015 11:07 am

I think Jim Webb is wrong. Based on the how the media has been treating Sanders, it was probably rigged and Sanders only got time to make it look like it was an actual debate. Either that or I need to stop being so cynical.

• October 16, 2015 6:51 pm

I don’t think you are being too cynical. The media is selling a product and I think CNN is behind Hillary and will do what it can to help her.

7. the unit permalink
    October 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Debate? It was Wholy Communion. Webb excommunicated.

1. Jim Webb might run for President as an Independent | America's Watchtower