Jim Webb might run for President as an Independent

October 20, 2015

Jim Webb, who cannot gain any traction in an increasingly radicalizing party and who recently complained the Democratic debate was “rigged” for the two front-runners, is now considering a run for the Presidency as an independent according to this story.

Here is more:

Jim Webb, the longshot Democratic presidential candidate, may run as an independent, his campaign said in an email to reporters on Monday evening.

The former Virginia senator, who complained last week about not having enough talking time on the stage during the first Democratic debate in Las Vegas, will hold a press conference in Washington on Tuesday to discuss his options.

jim-webb-pointing-1  With Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton trying to “out-left” each other Jim Webb is probably the only candidate who actually differs with the others on a few issues and he could provide Democratic voters with an option for those who are not as far to the left as the two front-runners.

He does hold some views, particularly when it comes to the EPA, gun control, and Obamacare (even though he voted for it), which are at odds many in the Democratic party and therein lies his problem. The Democratic party has shifted to the left over the years, partially due to the indoctrination of the younger generations finally beginning to bear fruit, and this has left more moderate candidates such such as Jim Webb alone in a party which he only recently joined for purely political reasons.

He has nowhere else to turn at this point; he was all too eager to switch parties when he thought it was best for him from a personal perspective to do so and now I do not think the voters of either party trust him. If he does decide to run as an independent I still do not see him making any kind of noticeable impact of any kind and he should probably just drop out of the race.

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

October 20, 2015 7:14 am

Webb is kind of borderline, not one party or the other. I think he is an honorable man, but not someone I would vote for. He still has more left leaning views that I do not like, but he is alot further right on others, as you said. He is very far to the right of Sanders and Clinton, but not sure if any liberals will vote for him. Anymore, who knows what is in their heads! Guess you could say that for alot of the conservatives, as well. At least he doesn’t want to TAKE our guns from us, unlike the other 2. Maybe if he had come out as Independent to begin with, he might have had a chance, but at this stage of the game, I just do not see it happening.

• October 20, 2015 7:30 pm

I think that is a very good assessment Lou. He is definitely more reasonable than the other Democratic candidates, which is why he cannot get any traction. The funny thing is that if he didn’t jump ship from the Republican party he might have had a better chance running as a Republican. He would still be able to differentiate himself from the other Republican candidates but then again that might not help him in a primary on either side. I don’t see how he can get anywhere with an independent run, the Republicans probably won’t vote for him after he abandoned the party and as we said, the Democrats aren’t going to go near him.

2. petermc3 permalink
    October 20, 2015 7:19 am

If anything Webb could and probably would attract disenchanted republican voters should the R candidate be a Washington insider ala Bush, Rubio etc. The only candidate with a chance to motivate voters on the right and disrupt the almost inevitably unbreakable Hillary-Chelsea-Malia chain is Donald Trump. Let’s cross our fingers and hope Webb fades away.

October 20, 2015 7:33 am

Ya, I think you might be right, Peter….usually the Independent candidate has a tendency to pull more Republican votes. With Trump and Carson on the top of the ticket right now and Fiorina fading, people may be looking for an alternative that is not so far right. Guess Webb could fit that bill. I still hold that I like Carson and for a position in the cabinet, but not as a president. I think right now Trump is the only viable candidate the right has that will maybe have a chance of bringing us back out of the hell hole we have been pulled into.

• October 20, 2015 7:32 pm

This is true but I have a feeling there will be hard feelings from many of the voters after he switched parties. I don’t see him doing much better as an independent than he is doing right now but I could be wrong.

3. October 20, 2015 11:09 am

Reblogged this on Brittius.

• October 20, 2015 7:32 pm

Thank you.

• October 20, 2015 8:01 pm

You’re welcome.

4. October 20, 2015 5:05 pm

OT But, too good (even though a bit zany) not to share! Might get a laugh from it.

• petermc3 permalink
      October 20, 2015 6:20 pm

She’s not laughing at the R’s, the media or her opponents. She’s laughing at the american voter; she’s laughing in disbelief that she can fool all of the voters most of the time and most of the voters all of the time. When Bubba, Chelsea and Blubber sit on the Davenport watching her public performances it must look and sound like the Hee-Haw show in their parlor.

• October 20, 2015 7:35 pm

I guess if I were her I would be laughing too…

• October 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Too funny!

• October 20, 2015 11:17 pm

Another one to tag onto this and how things are right in front of our faces – new to me:

• October 21, 2015 6:14 am

Do you know if the narrator was Ralph Epperson? The voice was very familiar and I think it was, if so he has been fighting the NWO for decades!

• October 21, 2015 10:51 am

I don’t know. All it has under the vid in the description is: ‘Your Government is not what it seems and are not working for you, they are working for their paymasters. The bankers that sit behind the curtains. Just like the sad old man in the Wizard of Oz.’
        ‘Not what it seems’ … hidden. The society teaches the >em<deceptions – continued dumbing down.

• October 21, 2015 6:57 pm

I did a little digging around and it is not Ralph Epperson, I believe it is a man named Jordan Maxwell. He has also been at it for quite awhile.

• October 21, 2015 7:07 pm

See, you’re familiar w/ these guys! That’s a good sign of enlightenment. 😊

• October 21, 2015 7:39 pm

Epperson was one of the people exposing this from way back and I have heard him interviewed before so I thought it was him. I have heard Maxwell before so the voice was familiar, it took awhile to figure out who it was!

• October 21, 2015 8:17 am

Nauseating.

October 21, 2015 2:10 am

Not sure if this will show up or not.

• October 21, 2015 6:14 am