Hillary Clinton leads Bernie Sanders by 28 points in the latest national poll

December 5, 2015

A new national poll is out and it shows Hillary Clinton with a wide, and growing, lead over Bernie Sanders. Here is more:

In a Democratic field that has winnowed to just three candidates, Hillary Clinton has regained a dominant lead over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, topping him by a 28-point margin, her widest in CNN/ORC polling since July.

Clinton leads Sanders 58% to 30%, with former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley registering just 2%, according to a CNN/ORC Poll released Friday.

The poll states a large reason for Hillary Clinton’s growing lead on Bernie Sanders is because of her foreign policy experience. Apparently the voters have not tied her in with Barack Obama on foreign policy blunders such as support of the Arab Spring so it will be up to the Republican nominee to try to do so, but somehow I don’t think it will matter.

Once again I must state that this is a national poll so take it for what it is worth, but with 58% support among all Democratic voters polled that is going to be a hard number to catch and it seems unlikely to me that someone as far left as is Bernie Sanders would be able to pull off an upset in Iowa. Unless of course the former Secretary of State’s derogatory comment about Iowa’s caucus system comes back to haunt her…or if what she said about the system is true.

It was fun watching Bernie Sanders put a little pressure on Hillary Clinton but now it appears as if we have gone from feel the Bern to crash and Bern…

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. petermc3 permalink
    December 5, 2015 8:29 am

Ignorance is bliss.

• December 5, 2015 7:09 pm

It sure is! I think that truer words might never have been spoken the more I think about it.

2. December 5, 2015 8:36 am

We need one terrific debater to take her down. Why the GOP candidates have not taken her on yet beats me. One of these debates one can hope that start at it.

• petermc3 permalink
      December 5, 2015 9:18 am

Only Trump could trump her. Unfortunately I don’t believe he is able to articulate the facts cohesively. His aggressive style is what is needed but he needs to augment that with facts facts facts and clarity. How is it he and his handlers, if he has any, fail miserably in this department?

• December 5, 2015 9:27 am

I agree as well. I doubt his ability to listen to anyone regarding his shoot from the hip style.

• December 5, 2015 7:13 pm

I think you mailed it Peter, he really needs to work on his style and delivery if he wants to have a chance in a one-on-one debate. He will need to come with more facts and less opinions when he faces Hillary because she will have handlers controlling everything she says and he will need to be ready for it. That is if he really does want to win, I still do not trust his motives for running.

• December 5, 2015 7:10 pm

They are too busy beating each other up right now and don’t have time to go after Hillary I guess Bunkerville.

December 5, 2015 11:39 am

I think that Cruz could take her down in a debate…Trump, I am just not sure of. With her being ahead of Sanders, is really not saying all that much. He might be attractive to the 60’s group wanting to relive their youth and some of the “hippy” college kids that want to live that 60’s themselves, but he was never a serious candidate. We know that Clinton IS the nominee for the Democratic party, that was never even an issue for me. She is entitled, end of story. What baffles me is that Bush was the chosen one (GOPe) for the Republican party, but then Trump came on scene and that threw a wrench into the works and he never recovered. My husband said he may pop up again IF the media starts saying HE is the only one that will beat Clinton and we know how there are alot of Republicans that are just followers and will take the bait. He is NOT presidential, but then again neither is Clinton. Trump might just surprise us all, Peter, you have to admit that he would at least have Americas best interest at heart. Bunker, you mention his “style” and it might just throw Clinton off, who knows.
    What is in our HOUSE right now is out to get each and every one of us before he leaves office. If anyone had any doubt, now after him not wanting to admit to terrorism and having his “Holiday Party” at our HOUSE should tell us what he thinks about what just happened. I really do not know of any past president that would not want to grieve with the rest of the country, but instead party…well, possibly Clinton, but even he had a few feelings…Obama, he is only out for self gratification. SAD!

• petermc3 permalink
      December 5, 2015 11:42 am

Agreed, well said Lou.

December 5, 2015 11:45 am

Thank you very much, sometimes I just might get it right, if I can put all the jumble that is floating around in my brain into one thought! 🙂

• December 5, 2015 7:16 pm

By the way Lou, what is the car in your new avatar?

December 5, 2015 7:37 pm

Same car, my little ’99 Miata. That is downtown Decatur in the old district. Thought the black and white pic was a good touch with the buildings ornate window structure.

• December 5, 2015 8:25 pm

I thought it might be the same car but I was not sure. I love the black and white idea. I watched quite a few old black and white movies on TCM while I was out and there is something about the old black and white movies that make them special. They just don’t make movies like this any more.

• December 5, 2015 7:16 pm

You nailed it Lou. Ever since the debate and Sanders’s who cares about the email comment I have come to believe he was just put in the race to give the appearance of setting up opposition to Hillary. His comment was designed to take this issue of the table and I think it was part of the plan all along.

December 5, 2015 7:38 pm

The problem is with that debate, it was BORING and they ran out of questions they could actually ASK them.

• December 5, 2015 8:27 pm

Of course there were plenty of questions they could have asked them but did not want to because they were interested in protecting them…

4. December 5, 2015 12:41 pm

Makes one wonder if Bernie knew all along that he was just a front man to play the part of a challenger? Did he really think he could beat Hilly – esp. if he knows how the ‘system’ works? Is Hilly’s rise in the polls really because of her foreign policy experience (doesn’t Benghazi trump that?) or is something else going on. As you state Steve you don’t really trust the polls anyway. We can determine who the the powers that be want though, someone who’ll continues their Wars For Profit.

• petermc3 permalink
      December 5, 2015 1:20 pm

I feel the same Zip that Bernie the commie all along served as someone to make it look as though Hillary wasn’t anointed. He didn’t seize on any opportunities to beat her up but rather bring up issues that she could later adopt and thereby gather in all the sickos once Betnie folded up his tents and retired safely to Ben and Jerry land unscathed. Assholes…no not Bernie and Hillary, I’m referring to their acolytes who probably believe in workplace violence.

• December 5, 2015 1:45 pm

Interesting that you come right out and refer to Bernie as a commie rather than the ‘socialist’ he presents himself as being. His kind are ‘okay’ with commie-ism as long as they’re not lumped in with the masses, keeping their gravy train intact! Shysters – the whole lot of them.

• December 5, 2015 7:19 pm

It is funny you mentioned Sanders being basically controlled opposition because I just mentioned the same thing in a comment above. I truly believe that is what it is and I still think that Trump might just be controlled opposition as well.

• December 5, 2015 8:19 pm

Yes, I guess we have to figure that the game is playing with ‘the house rules’ like in Vegas w/ Trump too ~ unfortunately. If it wasn’t for ‘all the marble’ (world domination) maybe there’d be a chance, but this has been in the mix for generations (what’s to come) and they’re just following the Nimrod play book.

• December 5, 2015 8:30 pm

Yep, this has been in the works for years and the outcome is predetermined as the globalists control both sides. I have said it many times before but it is true so I will say it again, we only have the illusion of choice. Many think that Trump is the person to fight against this but I believe he is in on it as well.

December 5, 2015 7:42 pm

Zip, I have put some thought into what you just said. I have come to the conclusion that maybe they brought Sanders in to grab those left over hippies and the wanna be hippies up front. They would probably NOT have voted for Clinton, HOWEVER, once he bows out, he will tell them that his support goes to Clinton and they will follow along. I would say that they would be easily led that way. I could be wrong, but that is my take on it.

• December 5, 2015 8:01 pm

Interesting thought Lou – makes sense, and insightful. The take-over group wants to keep the ‘illusion’ alive, making the ruling go smoothly as they proceed with their controlling plan.

December 5, 2015 8:04 pm

I guess anything is possible, but that did kind of make sense to me in this “senseless” world that it has become. Clinton is NOT going to have the nomination taken away from her and the Media is going to see to that. Who else (other than Bill) would have gotten away with so much…well Obama too, but you understand what I mean.

• December 5, 2015 8:32 pm

Lou, I think you are probably right!

5. petermc3 permalink
    December 5, 2015 1:51 pm

I can’t spell socialist but I can spell commie. ✍ 😎

December 5, 2015 1:59 pm

Love Joe Walsh, here is a short rant of his on a video:

December 5, 2015 2:03 pm

This is his website: http://walshfreedom.com/

• petermc3 permalink
        December 5, 2015 3:35 pm

What a breath of fresh air. Thanks for making my day!

December 5, 2015 5:05 pm

Peter, he is from Illinois, I know GO FIGURE! He served one term in the House in DC, but now is a radio talk show host. He is very conservative and says his peace! I DO like him very much, as well.

• December 5, 2015 7:22 pm

The only Joe Walsh I have heard of certainly is not this one, if you catch my drift…
      This man is not afraid to speak his mind and as Peter said this is a breath of fresh air.

December 5, 2015 7:43 pm

You have MUSIC on your mind and that is not an entirely BAD thing 🙂

• petermc3 permalink
        December 5, 2015 7:45 pm

Joe Walsh James Gang: Walk Away { my favorite),Funk 49, Life’s been good,,, Saw them live at the State Theater in Jersey City, April, 1970. They opened for Quick silver Messenger Service. Our world is all but gone now.

December 5, 2015 7:48 pm

The good old days, Peter, the good old days!

• December 5, 2015 8:33 pm

You are right Lou, I was still trying to decide on my musical selection for tomorrow as I was going through the blog tonight!

December 5, 2015 5:44 pm

Another good website from a GOOD American:

• December 5, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks for the link, I still which Allen West was running! But of course the Republicans screwed him with redistricting him out of office by making his district more liberal as revenge for him going against the establishment…

December 5, 2015 7:47 pm

Thanks to the good old GOPe, they have probably done more harm to the party than anyone else. He will surely have a position in the NEW Republican Administration when a Trump or Cruz hopefully get into office. He is what a REAL American is and the GOPe just cannot have that, can they?

• December 5, 2015 8:34 pm

I agree 100%!

December 5, 2015 7:57 pm

• December 5, 2015 8:39 pm

Zo nailed it as usual, thanks for sharing this! Going to post it right now.

• petermc3 permalink
        December 5, 2015 11:14 pm

Zonation! Thanks I needed that not unlike coffee and a ciggie back in those bad bad old days ☕️🚬

December 6, 2015 9:21 am

Peter, there are ALOT of things I did in the “bad bad old days” that I cannot get away with now. Sometimes I have to sit back and wonder when I got to be so OLD! I do not FEEL old, but then you look in the mirror, haha! I think I have held up better than alot of people 61, but in the end I AM 61, so things do not work the same way they used to. Maybe just “slower”!

• December 6, 2015 9:12 pm

Isn’t it amazing we still lived even with out all these nanny state rules!?

1. Latest New Hampshire poll has Bernie Sanders leading Hillary Clinton by 10 points | America's Watchtower