Bernie Sanders sues the DNC after being suspended from the national voter database for inappropriately accessing Hillary Clinton’s campaign data

December 18, 2015

Bernie SandersToday was a rather eventful day for Bernie Sanders heading into tomorrow night’s Democratic primary debate to say the least. Earlier today the Democratic National Committee found that members of Bernie Sanders’ campaign staff “inappropriately” accessed and saved Hillary Clinton’s campaign data (there’s that word inappropriately again, we remember it from the IRS targeting scandal) and punished him by taking away his access to the national voter database.

My first reaction was Bernie Sanders thought this type of behavior was normal after witnessing the IRS inappropriately targeting conservatives and accessing confidential voter information while also sharing confidential information with the White House. However Bernie Sanders has admitted the actions of his campaign staff were inappropriate but he is blaming the Democratic National Committee for the breach claiming it was the result of a result of a software error. What is it with these governmental websites? First all of the IRS computers crashed, then the Obamacare website was a disaster on startup, and now this.

Bernie Sanders has now filed suit against the DNC, claiming they are trying to sabotage his campaign. Here is more:

Bernie Sanders’ campaign on Friday sued the Democratic National Committee for suspending its access to the national voter database, saying the move threatens to undermine the Vermont senator’s presidential run.

“The leadership of the Democratic National Committee is now actively attempting to undermine our campaign. This is unacceptable,” Sanders’ campaign manager Jeff Weaver said on the eve of the third Democratic debate. “Individual leaders of the DNC can support Hillary Clinton in any way they want, but they are not going to sabotage our campaign — one of the strongest grassroots campaigns in modern history.”

The suit argues that the party is denying the campaign access to its voter data in violation of a contract governing the use of the information. The campaign contends this freeze is an illegal overreaction to the episode.

“The suspension or termination of the Campaign’s access was undertaken without contractual cause, and in contravention of the Agreement’s termination protocols,” the suit says.

“The DNC may not suspend the Campaign’s access to critical Voter Data out of haste or desperation to clean up after the DNC’s own mistakes,” the complaint adds.

I cannot help but chuckle as I think back to the last Democratic debate when Bernie Sanders tried to assuage Hillary Clinton from any guilt in her email scandal by claiming he was sick and tired of hearing about her “damned emails.” This is how the DNC repayed him for toeing the party line and being a good little dupe during that debate.

I have to admit this has been quite enjoyable, but of course none of this is surprising to conservatives who have been complaining about the Democrats’ less than legitimate campaign tactics for years. (In addition to the IRS targeting scandal somebody in the IRS leaked Mitt Romney tax information to Harry Reid during the 2012 election.)

It will be interesting to see how he responds to this in the debate tomorrow night…

malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

1. December 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,

• December 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Crap! That’s supposed to be a . not a ,

• December 19, 2015 7:42 am

My feelings exactly!

• December 19, 2015 12:08 pm

I tell you Laura, Chemtrails [nano aluminum-coated fiberglass] at work … even on fastidious you. …

• December 19, 2015 5:48 pm

I definitely see them in the sky, Zip.

2. December 19, 2015 8:52 am

Even more of a hoot-
    Ironic: Clinton Camp Says Sanders Campaign Should Face ‘Independent Review’ For Possible ‘Violations Of Law’

• December 19, 2015 8:59 am

Their hypocrisy abounds. I bet they are completely oblivious to it, too.

All I can do is shake my head….

• December 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Instead of the ‘head banging’ generation (the music Steve likes 😊) we live in the head shaking generation.

• December 19, 2015 5:52 pm

I’m a huge fan of some head-banging music. 🙂

• December 19, 2015 6:27 pm

😊 More fun than the ‘head-shaking’ UN-music of discord.

• December 20, 2015 7:59 am

Sometimes what is going on makes me want to bang my head on the wall! 🙂

• December 19, 2015 9:11 am

The irony of this whole thing Bunkerville is just to good to ignore and I am loving it. I wonder Laura if you are right about Hillary being oblivious to it and I bet she is.

• December 19, 2015 9:22 am

I am certain she, and her minions, truly believe the rules don’t apply to her. It’s a sickness. She, Chelsea, and everyone associated with them should be kept far, far away from public office, everything to do with government, and the People. They are a cancer, a virus. They bring destruction and annihilation to the host.

(If my comment isn’t clear, I’m happy to post a follow-up…hehehe 😉 )

• December 19, 2015 9:30 am

I also believe she thinks she is above the law and I think she has proved it time and time again. I think you were pretty clear but if you want to elaborate go on ahead. 🙂

• December 19, 2015 9:36 am

Well, to be perfectly honest, elaborating would include words not suitable for a public blog.

Clarification, OTOH, would be clean.

😀

• December 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Comes a time when a heart (conscious) becomes so ‘seared’ it no longer functions, and we’re seeing that manifest in these power/greed/self induced individuals.

3. December 19, 2015 1:07 pm

It really makes me wonder if Sander’s REALLY believes he can win! What kind of brainwashing [mind-contro] has he gone thru! Has he not looked in the mirror – does he realize he’s not been invited to a Biderberg robe and candle burning ceremony, like a.k.a Obama and Hilly http://www.occupy.com/article/global-power-project-bilderberg-group-picking-our-politicians
    Back in 2012 he spoke on the floor of the Senate, noting the unfairness of the 1% crunching out the middle-class and wrongs against humanity. But his solution is ‘Socialism’, how’s that going to help? Even commie-ism has the 1% of the 1%’er’s and they’re the very ones he speaking against (or wanting to be a part of!).

(13:04 mins)

• December 20, 2015 8:01 am

After that last debate I thought Sanders was just controlled opposition and someone who was in the race to make Hillary look good but now I wonder about that. Is he a real candidate after all? Or maybe this is being done for fundraising, I don’t know.

• December 20, 2015 1:02 pm

?

• December 20, 2015 7:26 pm

I meant is he doing this to bring attention to the party and to the debate in an effort to raise money for the party. The Dems are not getting nearly the press the Republicans are so maybe this is being done for publicity, it does play into his rigged system angle.

• December 21, 2015 6:59 am

This sums it up better:

1. DNC restores Bernie Sanders’ access to voter data after he ‘inappropriately’ accessed Hillary Clinton’s database 25 times | America's Watchtower
  2. The FEC accuses Bernie Sanders of thousands of illegal campaign donations | America's Watchtower
  3. Bernie Sanders files lawsuit against the DNC | America's Watchtower